Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Famous Cupcakes

Ok, so its not really my recpie, my ex-sister-in-law told me it, but I tell everyone else about them now. It's so simple and quick and fun to do!

My friend Steph and I are making some today and I'll show you guys just how simple it can be to make a cupcake that everyone will rave about.

First, preheat the oven to 350 and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and lightly spray with a nonstick spray. My favorite is Pam. Next, get a box of cake mix. Today, Steph and I are making our cupcakes look like apples, so we chose a yellow cake mix. Open the cake mix and dump it into a large mixing bowl. Now comes my secret ingredient. Soda. Take a 12 oz can of soda or measure out 12 oz and pour into the bowl. Remember DO NOT  use flat soda. Use a hand mixer to mix it all up, making sure to get the batter that sticks to the sides. That's it! Nothing else to add to the cake mix unless you're doing what Steph and I are doing and dying the batter red. Now, take an ice cream scoop (it's the easiest way to get the mix into the liners) and scoop about 1.5 scoops worth into each liner, making it about 2/3 full. Because of the soda, they tend to need to bake for a little longer than normal, about 22 minutes should do or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the cupcake and it comes out clean. After they are done baking, gently take them out of the pan and let the cool on a wire rack before icing. We dyed the icing as well in order to make them look like apples. The stem is a piece of chocolate and the leaf is just green icing.

These fun, easy cupcakes are perfect for vegans because there is no egg in it at all! And because of the soda, they'll stay moist for a longer amount of time so leaving them on the counter for a few days won't hurt them one bit.

Enjoy my lovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment