Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Poor Mans Meal

Ok, so as a college student with no job, I'm at a lack of funds. I'm going back home for the holidays this weekend and I just didn't see the point in buying a whole bunch of food that I wasn't going to eat in such a short time. I've been living off of peanut butter (which I ran out of today), mac and cheese, frozen corn, crackers, applesauce and black beans for the past few days. To my surprise, I made something really tasty today. I didn't take a picture because well, I ate it too fast.




So, for a Poor Mans Meal you need:

Frozen Corn
Black Beans
Garlic Powder (optional)
Stove
Cooking Oil
Frying Pan

Take the cooking oil and pour enough in the pan for it to lightly coat the bottom of it. After the oil has been heated, slowly start to put the corn into the pan. Let cook for a few minutes on medium heat. Next, add equal parts of black beans into the pan. So for example, if you put in a cup of frozen corn, add a cup of black beans to it. This is where you can add the garlic powder if you so desire to. It gives it a little extra kick. Or just add salt if you prefer. Let cook for another few minutes on medium heat or until most of the moisture of the beans has cooked out. Serve and enjoy! Perfect for college students studying for finals because it has the protein to keep you from getting hungry later on and it satisfies!

1 comment:

  1. They say the best creativity comes out of the most limited resources. This sounds like something I would cook since my fridge is only full of beer and condiments.

    ReplyDelete